Mexican foods

Bruce Dykes bkd at GRAPHNET.COM
Thu Oct 28 11:00:29 UTC 1999

-----Original Message-----
From: Bapopik at AOL.COM <Bapopik at AOL.COM>
To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
Date: Wednesday, October 27, 1999 8:02 PM
Subject: Mexican foods

>H & C
>
>   The big puzzle was the shower, where there were two choices--H & C.  Hot
and Cold.  Simple.
>   The Hot wasn´t so hot.  Then you remember that C is Caliente--hot!  (H
is for Frio, cold?  Shouldn´t that be H & F?)
>   The Caliente wasn´t so hot, either...

C&F rather?

Unless there's a valid linguistic reason for the H, I'll wager that the
hotel got a deal on an overrun of fixtures made for El Norte.

I'd like to believe that the fixtures market in Mexico is large enough to
support products labeled in the native tongue.

Then again, it could be just the guest-hostile school of hotel management...

Bruce