ice~iced and cube~cubed

Barnhart ADS-L at HIGHLANDS.COM
Fri Sep 10 10:38:47 UTC 1999

In The Barnhart Dictionary Companion there is

_ice wine_ --a transliteration of German _Eiswein_ (Vol. 5.1, Spring
1986) and

_ice beer_ --from Canada apparently (Vol. 8.4, 1993).

Both of these have to do with the manufacturing process rather than
whether or not they've got "ice" in them.  I have yet to find "ice tea"
on a label in U.S. supermarkets.  I'm still looking.

And in the local supermarket meat departments, it is "cubed steak."
I'll check the files and post soon the results.

Regards,
David K. Barnhart