Swiss food (continued)

Tue Sep 14 17:15:02 UTC 1999

Barry,

I'm a litle surprised at "Caiperino." I assume it is the Brazilian
"Caiperinha," but it is missing its "palatalizing 'h'," and its gender is
wrong. This is either intentional (and may distinguish it, as, for example
"Caiperoshka" identifies one made with vodka rather than the traditional
sugar-cane fire water) or just the result of a sea-change. Any guesses?

dInIs (who likes his with pouco azucar)