E-less Fiancé (a procedural question)

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Sun Apr 2 17:14:57 UTC 2000

At 11:09 AM -0500 4/2/00, Grant Barrett wrote:
>On Sunday, April 2, 2000, Laurence Horn <laurence.horn at YALE.EDU>
>wrote:
>>Is it just me, or did others get this as a zero-content
>message?  I ask
>>partly because I seem to be getting more and more of these null
>messages
>>from various sources, but I believe this is the first such I've
>received
>>via ads-l.
>
>Do you mean there were no words in the message? The body was
>missing? Or that you found the content you did read to be
>unfulfilling and without meaning?

The former, to be sure.  It must be some sort of mismatch between the
sender's format and that of my settings.  I had no problem reading Barry's
repackaging of the original message, for which thanks--it's actually quite
an interesting development, and while I've never heard the bisyllabic
fiancé, I assume it's a spelling pronunciation and not a new one, since
friends of mine decades ago would refer jocularly to the person they were
engaged to as their "finance".

larry