E-less Fiancé (a procedural question)

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Sun Apr 2 17:17:41 UTC 2000

At 12:42 PM -0400 4/2/00, GSCole wrote:
>I've received several messages that I formerly took to be zero-content,
>and promptly deleted, figuring that the sender made a mistake.  But,
>still I wondered.  Yesterday, with a message from another (not ADS-L)
>source, which was listed at 15kb in size, I figured that it wasn't
>zero-content.
>
>Using edit, I saw that there were other parts of the message that didn't
>show up in my Netscape Communicator window.  A block of material in
>regular English; with a following block in the UUEncode format.
>
>I rechecked all of my browser preference settings, but can't figure out
>what the problem might be.  Figure that it has something to do with MIME
>or HTTP settings.  Yesterday's message contained a block of HTTP code.
>(JAVA settings?)
>
>Any suggestions appreciated.
>
>George Cole

I guess this is the boat I'm in too.  As I say, the problem seems to be
growing, but sometimes when I ask the sender to resend, it comes through
OK.  Like George, I have also noticed that many of these messages claim to
be "5K" or "3K" or whatever, but there's nothing that shows up, and no
relevant options under "Edit".  Sorry to be off-topic, but it's hard to
participate in threads that have invisible strands.

larry