Re: E-less Fiancé (a procedural question)

Sun Apr 2 19:24:56 UTC 2000

Here is the message that I got from <yosemite at RETEMAIL.ES>:

Hi All,

A friend of mine from the Chicago area says that it's common in her circle to
hear "fiancé" pronounced as if it rhymed with nuance. I'm from California,
part of my family is southern and part midwestern, and I have heard that
pronunciation in my life. How common is it? How correct is it?

Guy Williams