The Chinese water torture induces madness

Tue Dec 12 17:27:26 UTC 2000

When I was a boy my brothers and I decided to test the
water-drip-on-the-forehead-torture by bribing the youngest brother into
letting us tie him up for several hours in the bathtub to see if he would go
mad.

Mother interrupted our empirical testing after an hour or so, when his
screams got loud enough to capture her attention. We assumed that this was
also evidence that the torture method actually could induce madness.

Little brother did not report any physical pain from the dripping water. I
guess if it fell far enough it could be painful.