The Chinese water torture induces madness

Arnold Zwicky zwicky at CSLI.STANFORD.EDU
Tue Dec 12 18:00:12 UTC 2000

ron butters:
 >Little brother did not report any physical pain from the dripping
 >water. I guess if it fell far enough it could be painful.

indeed.  it's well known that water drops, like anything else,
falling from a great height can cause terrible damage, even death.
this is why rainstorms are so dangerous.

arnold (zwicky at csli.stanford.edu), who as a child heard
  the water-drops-keep-falling-on-my-head driving-to-madness
  version of the cwt but lacked siblings to experiment on