Dept. of Dated Lexicographic Entries (was Re: "Pull any")

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Wed Dec 13 15:00:41 UTC 2000

At 9:45 PM -0500 12/13/00, Tony Glaser wrote:
>>Muff-diver  A pervert of either sex who is addicted to cunnilinctus.
>
>Isn't that a type of cough medicine? Certainly, many of the old
>linctus preparations used to be addictive! Seriously, is this a typo
>or an old name for cunnilingus?
>
>Tony Glaser

The latter; it's the Latin form of the nominal, and it appears to
travel well (cf. the French fellation/cunnilictus), and the same form
shows up in Italian and Czech web sites.  I'm not sure when or why
the shift to cunnilingus occurred in English.

larry