Terrorism tax

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Thu Feb 3 17:21:34 UTC 2000

     From USA TODAY, 3 February 2000, pg. 16A, col. 1:

Today's debate: Tracking foreigners
"Terrorism tax" targets students
(...)  Under a plan proposed by the Immigration and Naturalization Service, the 500,000 foreigners would be required to pay a $95 fee--call it a terrorism tax--to support a computer system that would track their whereabouts.  Colleges would be responsible for collecting the tax and fingerprints.

   I haven't checked my computer databases for "terrorism tax"...On the same page, col. 4, is "Media at crash play 'rubberneck card.'"
   About "wuss," there's an old saying about memories of the 1960s.  If you were there when it happened, you can't remember it.  If you can remember it well, you weren't there when it happened.