"product" as non-manufactured

Fred Shapiro fred.shapiro at YALE.EDU
Wed Feb 9 18:08:01 UTC 2000

On Wed, 9 Feb 2000, Bruce Dykes wrote:

> While 'product' AND 'bank' might be too vague, maybe a search with proper
> bank names, 'citibank', 'dime bank', and perhaps 'broker', and brokerage
> house names, 'morgan stanley', 'DLJ' or 'donaldson, lufkin, and jenrette',
> and 'financial'. Try also 'products' AND 'instruments'.

This kind of search is too vague to be workable.  I was hoping for
specific phrases that would include the meaning of "product" being sought.

Fred R. Shapiro                             Coeditor (with Jane Garry)
Associate Librarian for Public Services     TRIAL AND ERROR: AN OXFORD
  and Lecturer in Legal Research            ANTHOLOGY OF LEGAL STORIES
Yale Law School                             Oxford University Press, 1998
e-mail: fred.shapiro at yale.edu               ISBN 0-19-509547-2