cowboy up

Bob Haas highbob at MINDSPRING.COM
Mon Feb 21 12:17:21 UTC 2000

To be more specific, Mulder tells a sheriff's deputy, locked in a room and
battling a monster that feeds on fear, to "cowboy up," which implies that he
needed to be brave, since that would defeat the monster.  Instead, the
deputy is saved by the rising sun.

A truly inspired episode, at one point in the scene mentioned, Mulder
whispers intently to the deputy, "We've got the TV folks out here," or
something close to that in an attempt to shame the deputy to open the door.
Very dark and very funny.

--

bob