Fwd: Are you an Iowan?

Kim & Rima McKinzey rkm at SLIP.NET
Sun Feb 27 09:30:33 UTC 2000

I can't resist adding that when we lived in Chapel Hill, NC, a neighbor had
a friend visiting.  We had all been chatting when the maintenance guy for
the small apartment complex stopped to say hello.  He was introduced to the
neighbor's friend, including that "She's from Idaho."  The maintenance guy
looked a bit confused for a moment, and then nodded and said, "Oh, round
here we pronounce that EYE uh way."  (And I wondered at the time - after
successfully not laughing - how, then, did he pronounce Iowa?)

Rima