Wolf Tickets

Grant Barrett gbarrett at AMERICANDIALECT.ORG
Fri Jan 21 15:09:48 UTC 2000

New York Press http://www.nypress.com/content.cfm?content_id=1112&now=01/21/2000&cont
ent_section=1

"That’s what I got to show for working eight years as a prison guard. Nightmares. By
the time I left that job the inmates hated me. They’d tell me what they were going
to do to me if they ever got their hands on me during a riot. I laughed and acted like
it was nothing but selling wolf tickets–you know, blowing smoke and talking that
tough bullshit that cons do. But I knew they weren’t kidding. I’m glad I got out of
there before another riot went down."