Wha...?

Bethany K. Dumas dumasb at UTK.EDU
Mon Jul 3 16:12:02 UTC 2000

On Mon, 3 Jul 2000, Peter A. McGraw wrote:
>I'm confused.  ADS-L moderated?  And has its address changed?  Did I miss
>something?  I used the "reply" function for my last posting, and got the
>following.

The website still says this:

ADS-L is a discussion list for members of the American Dialect Society and
interested others. Our primary topic of conversation is dialects of North
American English, but we do wander off topic frequently.

This list is not moderated. In other words, anything submitted to the list
is automatically forwarded to the entire list without being first
reviewed by a listmom, boss or moderator.

(Now I'll attempt to send this and see if it's true.)

Bethany