NY Times "On Language" columnist offer

Mon Jul 24 14:41:04 UTC 2000

In a message dated 7/23/2000 7:19:11 PM, jester at PANIX.COM writes:

<< Barry, my "On Language" column should be running next week or the week
after.

Allan, can you make sure to send my bill to Barry this year? Thanks >>

I did two columns in past years, but I nam a life member, so Barrry owes me
nothing.

I don't know what the current state of his membership is, but William Safire
has in the past been a member and even gave the annual ADS luncheon address
in Washington, DC, and waived his usual fee. He also served a term on the
AMERICAN SPEECH editorial advisory board.