Fruit Cocktail

Fred Shapiro fred.shapiro at YALE.EDU
Wed Jul 26 11:00:06 UTC 2000

On Wed, 26 Jul 2000 Bapopik at AOL.COM wrote:

>      CANDY AND ICE CREAM is in the NYPL from November 1914 (volume 25).
> Where are all the other volumes?  I had a librarian check for me, with no
> luck.  Who has them?  Don't people know that I need this journal for the
> sundae and the banana split?

Neither RLIN nor OCLC shows any other holding libraries than NYPL.  I'd
check the Union List of Serials.  I once ran into an even more frustrating
situation with the journal Playthings, where the first printed use of the
term "Teddy Bear" seems to have been in an issue that has no surviving
copies.

Fred R. Shapiro                             Coeditor (with Jane Garry)
Associate Librarian for Public Services     TRIAL AND ERROR: AN OXFORD
  and Lecturer in Legal Research            ANTHOLOGY OF LEGAL STORIES
Yale Law School                             Oxford University Press, 1998
e-mail: fred.shapiro at yale.edu               ISBN 0-19-509547-2