metadata.

Fred Shapiro fred.shapiro at YALE.EDU
Thu Jun 1 11:16:39 UTC 2000

On Wed, 31 May 2000, Thomas Paikeday wrote:

> Doesn't anyone on the list watch "Who wants to be a millionaire?"
> I just watched today's show a couple of hours after the event and I am looking
> forward to seeing Fred Shapiro in the hotseat tomorrow. Best wishes to Fred.

First of all, I don't admit that the fool on tonight's show is me.
Shapiro is a common name, and there may be more than one Fred Shapiro from
New Haven.  Secondly, I happen to have inside information that the fool on
tonight's show does not get on the hot seat, that he doesn't even come
close to winning any of the "fastest finger" rounds.

Fred R. Shapiro                             Coeditor (with Jane Garry)
Associate Librarian for Public Services     TRIAL AND ERROR: AN OXFORD
  and Lecturer in Legal Research            ANTHOLOGY OF LEGAL STORIES
Yale Law School                             Oxford University Press, 1998
e-mail: fred.shapiro at yale.edu               ISBN 0-19-509547-2