new word alert

Steve K. stevek at SHORE.NET
Tue Jun 13 12:12:53 UTC 2000

On Tue, 13 Jun 2000, Bruce Dykes wrote:

> Small bumps on certain keycaps to keep touch-typists registered. Usually on
> the 5 of a numeric keypad, and on the F and J of a QWERTY keyboard; but
> older Macs, perverse as usual, had them on the D and K keys (this changed in
> 1999).

Hmmm. My Toshiba keyboard doesn't have dots, but rather en-dashes, on the
bottom of my F and J keys.... I wonder what those are called...

--- Steve K.

More information about the Ads-l mailing list