need DARE pairs

J. Katherine Rossner ookpik at MINDSPRING.COM
Fri Jun 23 17:02:11 UTC 2000

At 12:49 PM 6/23/00 -0400, Allan Metcalf wrote:
>Frosting is very decidedly Northern and Western. Icing is pretty decidedly
>Southern and Midlands. See DARE!

Hm.  My growing-up was decidedly Northeastern (NYC until I was five,
suburbs until ten, a year in New England, then back to the city until I
left at eighteen), and it was _always_ "icing".

Katherine

--
Ye knowe ek, that in forme of speche is chaunge
Withinne a thousand yere, and wordes tho