turtle candy

Sallie Lemons Sallie.Lemons at MSDW.COM
Mon Jun 26 20:51:50 UTC 2000

My dad (Missouri) always referred to this candies as "turtles."

Greg Pulliam wrote:

> There is another name for those insanely rich, chewy,
> chocolate-covered caramel and nut clusters, isn't there?  I know of
> "turtles," and I think "Goo-goo clusters" refer to the same thing,
> but I'm thinking there's another word for them that I used down in
> Mississippi when I was growing up in the 60s and 70s.
> --
> -
> Greg
> greg at pulliam.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://listserv.linguistlist.org/pipermail/ads-l/attachments/20000626/0aaa685c/attachment.html>

More information about the Ads-l mailing list