second-person pronouns redux

Bonnie Osborn Briggs BBriggs at LATTE.MEMPHIS.EDU
Wed Mar 1 15:55:25 UTC 2000

Yes, everyone goes to great lengths to make a case for ya'll being
either plural or singular, depending on their convictions, but the ever
popular them has always fascinated me.  It's sort of like a safety net -
in case Joyce and Francis show up with a third party that you really
weren't expecting.

Bonnie Briggs
The University of Memphis