second-person pronouns redux

Peter Richardson prichard at LINFIELD.EDU
Wed Mar 1 19:51:59 UTC 2000

> I know of, and in fact am descended from people who used the same locution
> the same way in Oregon. I don't recall it being restricted to two people
> however--it could equally apply to the entire family, Joyce, husband and
> their kids.
>
> Allen

oops: sorry, Allen et al. I didn't mean to say that "& them" is restricted
to two people. Of course its wider usage includes more than just 2
people--perhaps even short for "them guys," who knows? .. Being in Oregon
now, I'll stick my ear up into the wind and see--oops, again--hear if I
can discern any "thems" for just a couple.

Peter R.