A WHOLESALE Tchotschke?

Mike Salovesh t20mxs1 at CORN.CSO.NIU.EDU
Fri Mar 3 21:03:03 UTC 2000

Bapopik at AOL.COM wrote:

> Even Jake the Butcher, who's a man I adore
> Had the never to tell me he's been married before
> Second-Hand Rose, that's why I'm Second-Hand Rose,
> >From Second Avenue
> >From Seh-cond Av-e-nooo!
> (Spoken--ed.) New?/Nu? (Yiddish--ed.)
> --Barbra Streisand, "Second Hand Rose" from I CAN GET IT FOR YOU WHOLESALE.

Barbra Streisand and 1962?  Barry, you oughta know better.  Make that
Fanny Brice in the 1920's -- or, if you insist on Barbra, at least
attribute it to "Funny Girl", the film biography of Fanny Brice.
("There's lies, damned lies, and statistics -- and then there's film
biographies." . . .  Sayings of Anti-Chairman
Mike, unauthorized edition.)

Now that you've stirred those memories, I think I'll go listen to the
Fanny Brice original in its Lp reissue.  There are days when I'm glad I
still have a record player and a huge collection of Lps.

-- mike salovesh                    <salovesh at niu.edu>
PEACE !!!

P.S.:  The Sayings of Anti-Chairman Mike began with an observation on
university administrators:  "In times of famine, the cooks starve last."