A WHOLESALE Tchotschke?

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Fri Mar 3 13:41:00 UTC 2000

   Greetings from Porto, where I have a S-L-O-W machine and have to meet my group in 15 minutes.  Here's a song:

Even Jake the Butcher, who's a man I adore
Had the never to tell me he's been married before
Second-Hand Rose, that's why I'm Second-Hand Rose,
>From Second Avenue
>From Seh-cond Av-e-nooo!
(Spoken--ed.) New?/Nu? (Yiddish--ed.)
--Barbra Streisand, "Second Hand Rose" from I CAN GET IT FOR YOU WHOLESALE.

   I'll wager on a WHOLESALE tchotschke.
   It was a popular novel by Jerome Weidman.  It became a musical in 1962 or 1964, I believe.
   Don't have time to check it out here and now, but someone can surely check out both, or wait another ten days.  Gotta go.