cacha?a and OFF TOPIC

A. Vine avine at ENG.SUN.COM
Wed Mar 8 02:26:16 UTC 2000

Alice Faber wrote:

> Well, I'm using a Mac, and I can type the ç (c-cedilla) correctly, but once
> they get filtered through a computer that can't deal with such symbols,
> they revert to question marks.

But can you see the c-cedilla from the prior message correctly?

> We've been going through this discussion on another mailing list I'm on,
> but about £ (British pound symbol); it's the same problem, of course. Both
> symbols look fine as I type them. It'll be interesting to see how they get
> trashed and where.

My suspicion is that there is a proprietary Mac character being used, instead of
an ISO-8859-1 character.  I have no problem typing c-cedilla or i-acute,
observe:

français
verosímile

We'll see if I can see these properly when they come out on the list.
--
Andrea Vine, avine at eng.sun.com, iPlanet i18n architect
Guilty feet have got no rhythm.