Poor Boys

Simon,Beth Simon at IPFW.EDU
Mon Mar 20 21:24:55 UTC 2000

While writing doing the first draft of the DARE  _hoagie_ entry, I noticed
that for some people, the whole collection of terms divided hyponymically.
Submarine was the genus under which were a number of species, some
distinguished from by ingredients &/or temperature of the ingredients, some
by region (& then sometimes ingredients). (If I remember correctly, a
hoagie was almost always a cold sandwich.)