Shiksa (1926?)

Fred Shapiro fred.shapiro at YALE.EDU
Tue Mar 21 19:23:40 UTC 2000

On Tue, 21 Mar 2000 Bapopik at AOL.COM wrote:

>    Shiksa?  In January 1926?  Got any cites, Daily News?  I have "shiksa"
>    much later--and with different spelling.

The OED has "shiksa" (with that spelling) in 1928, with "Shiksah" in 1892.

Fred R. Shapiro                             Coeditor (with Jane Garry)
Associate Librarian for Public Services     TRIAL AND ERROR: AN OXFORD
  and Lecturer in Legal Research            ANTHOLOGY OF LEGAL STORIES
Yale Law School                             Oxford University Press, 1998
e-mail: fred.shapiro at yale.edu               ISBN 0-19-509547-2