boilermakers and depth charges

Fri Mar 31 19:40:04 UTC 2000

Lynne's information jives closely to what a friend of mine advises about
boilermakers:

>>lucky for you...i do know what this is!  It is when you shoot a shot of
whisky and chase it with a beer.  it does not involve dropping it into the
beer!

Benjamin Barrett
gogaku at ix.netcom.com

-Behalf Of Lynne Murphy

-The distinction b/w a boilermaker and a depth charge is that a
-boilermaker is a shot of whiskey _and_ a beer (whiskey first, then
-beer), whereas a depth charge is a shot of whiskey _in_ a beer.
-
-In my dorm there was some sort of ritual about dropping the shot glass
-into the beer, and then chugging the whole thing just before the shot
-glass hit the bottom of the mug.  Or some such thing.  I didn't drink at
-the time, so I never quite got the rules.