boilermakers and depth charges

A. Vine avine at ENG.SUN.COM
Fri Mar 31 20:18:06 UTC 2000

Lynne Murphy wrote:

> Hi Bob - drinking game in which each participant either drinks a shot or
> chugs a beer everytime someone says "hi Bob" on the Bob Newhart Show.
> Since Bob often walked into crowded rooms (group therapy and the like) I
> (as the nondrinker) got to be scorekeeper and let people know how many
> shots they had to do. Last one conscious wins.  Of course, there are
> many variants on this, depending on what's being rerun on TV at the
> time.  We also had seasonal variations for Charlie Brown holiday
> specials.

We also played "Chug Boat" with "The Love Boat".  Each person picked a
character, and everytime they showed your character or changed camera angles,
you had to take a drink.  If they showed your character by the pool, you had to
drink a whole drink.  If you happened to choose a character who figured heavily
in the plot, you got pretty sloshed by the end.

> I'm trying to remember what we called the "punch" made out of grape
> koolaid and everclear.

"Everclear punch" or "trash can punch" ('cause you make it in a trash can), but
folks in the Northeast call the liquor "grain alcohol."  Don't know what they
call the punch.