Sweden, Pay-ree and the ADS Web Site

Grant Barrett gbarrett at AMERICANDIALECT.ORG
Wed May 3 13:02:59 UTC 2000

>    It will be my final trip before I leave for Grant Barrett's ancestral
>home in Sweden, in August.

Hey, Barry, I'll be in Sweden, too, the first week of August. The Vattenfestivallen
and Kreftskiva, you know. Crayfish. You'll have to flee your package tour and let me
show you the gritty side of Stockholm. Oh, wait, there isn't one.

To the list at large, starting in June I'll be in Paris for a year, doing Columbia
University's study abroad program.

This should not affect my abilities to maintain the ADS web site. I'm pretty sure
they have electricity and telephones in Paris. I will probably use a different email
account (one of the nine I have, all used for different hats I wear) and forward from
this account. These mechanics should be invisible to others.

I have been working with  Bill Kretzschmar's assistant Eric on moving the ADS site
to Bill's research server at UGA. It's fast and free (to us)! Moving the site is slow
going because Eric and I keep similarly busy schedules, but the bulk of the work is
done and and we're waiting on a few things from the technical people at UGA. Once
those last details are taken care of, I think we can make a smooth transition without
anyone noticing a difference. Should happen before June, but if not, it should be easy
to handle from anywhere with an Internet connection.

Thanks.

--
Grant Barrett
gbarrett at americandialect.org