Big Apple ice cream?

Bruce Dykes bkd at GRAPHNET.COM
Mon May 15 03:03:23 UTC 2000

-----Original Message-----
From: Joseph McCollum <prez234 at JUNO.COM>
To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
Date: Friday, May 12, 2000 5:29 PM
Subject: Re: Big Apple ice cream?

>On Fri, 12 May 2000 10:56:00 -0700 "A. Vine" <avine at ENG.SUN.COM> writes:
>>Mike Salovesh wrote:
>>>

>>> Why isn't there an apple-flavored fizzwater in general distribution
>>> north of the Mexican border?
>>>

>>There is.  Martinelli's.  But I know I've had another apple soda
>>somewhere, I
>>just can't remember the brand or the place.
>
>Martinelli's is a little too pricey to be called soda (I think), but
>years ago (early 1990's), there was "Apple Slice," at least in
>Pennsylvania (an alternate flavor of Orange Slice, Lemon/Lime Slice,
>etc.)

Jones Soda Company makes a Green Apple flavor
(http://www.jonessoda.com/files/green.html), but they're in the 'premium'
beverage market as opposed to mass market. They also make an energy beverage
called 'whoopass', which, naturally, comes in a can rather than a bottle
like their other drinks.

I paid a visit to BevNet (http://www.bevnet.com/ which is probably where I
should've gone first with my seltzer/club soda question), and discovered
that Baron's Apple Beer is now called Apple Gizer, besides Jones Soda, Elder
Beverage Company of Minnesota also makes a green apple soda, and there was
an entry in the 80's from Pepsi called Aspen Apple Soda, and was limited to
the west and Canada. I guess their marketing department thought us sissy
easterners couldn't handle the bold flavor.

And from abroad, we have the aforementioned (I think) Sidral Aga/Sidral
Mundet from the southern part of this hemisphere, and Cheon Yeon Cider Soda
from Korea. I'll try to pick some up from my local markets...

bkd