moodwatcher & other crutches. Was:someone/somebody, etc.

Thomas Paikeday t.paikeday at SYMPATICO.CA
Thu Nov 2 01:32:11 UTC 2000

Thanks, Lynne, for both explanations.

I guess I was too impatient with the style checker (I forget the
trademark) that came with my WordPerfect circa 1985. As for Roget et
al., I'm sure different people have different uses for them or they
wouldn't have become perennial best-sellers.

Generally speaking, I think academics have more time and patience with
these literary tools than working lexicographers like me.

Thanks again.

TOM.