HDAS

GEORGE THOMPSON thompsng at ELMER4.BOBST.NYU.EDU
Wed Nov 8 16:47:36 UTC 2000

        I wrote that in using HDAS I was "dropping the initials of the
infamous publishing house formerly associated with this dictionary".

        Jesse Sheidlower responds to assure me that "Random House is still
associated with it".

        To which I say, Aint that a shame.  And I stand by the phrase
"infamous publishing house", and will continue to refer to Random
House as "the infamous publishing house" until I have vol. 3 in
my hands.

GAT