english only passes in utah

Mark A. Mandel Mark_Mandel at DRAGONSYS.COM
Mon Nov 13 20:41:35 UTC 2000

James Smith <jsmithjamessmith at YAHOO.COM> writes:

No.  The fed's tried to convince us we were "Utahans"
a while back, but that fell flat on its face.  If my
recall isn't totally fuzzy, Sen. Hatch even brought up
on the Senate floor the question as to whether the
Federal government was to refer to a resident of Utah
as "Utahn" (prefered and used locally) or "Utahan"
(official fed usage at the time).  I don't recall
whether or not there was ever an "official"
resolution.
<<<<<

Like "marihuana", spelled thus ONLY by the US Government (and maybe some of its subdivisions).

-- Mark
Sf is dreaming about the universe. Fantasy is turning the universe into
dream. The two are rarely compatible... but they are as close kin as wind
and cloud.