Greetings from the CIA!

Mark Odegard markodegard at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Nov 13 22:06:00 UTC 2000

>(Here lies our "Bloody Mary" puzzle. Neither the Bloody Mary nor the Red
>Snapper is mentioned in any of the very numerous 1930s drink books that
>followed the end of Prohibition. This,
>in 1941, is the first Red Snapper that I've found. Bloody Mary would appear
>in the 1946 STORK CLUB BAR BOOK and the 1947 TRADER VIC'S drink book--ed.)

I remember seeing an add for 'Snappy-Tom', or perhaps it's 'Snap-E-Tom', or
the some such in a late 40s or early 50s bound volume of old Life magazines.
They were advertising in the 70s, as I remember, and the design of the can
had not changed much. These were little itty bitty cans, about the size and
shape of a small can of tomato paste. The product was a zesty tomato juice,
a kind of Bloody Mary mix.