Crazy Bone

Sun Nov 26 13:43:31 UTC 2000

DARE shows us that both are widespread in the US. "Crazy bone" is less
common in the South, and "funny bone" is less common in the West, Midwest,
and New England. As a boy of the South - Midwest borderlands, I grew up
with both.

dInIs

>This evening's 500 pound question on England's version
>of _Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?_ was, "Which of
>these is called the 'crazy bone' in the USA?"  The
>answer was the 'funny bone.'  Does anyone know in what
>regions 'crazy bone' is commonly used?  Or have the
>Brits got it wrong?
>
>Mike Gottlieb
>University College London

>Yahoo! Shopping - Thousands of Stores. Millions of Products.
>http://shopping.yahoo.com/

Dennis R. Preston
Department of Linguistics and Languages
Michigan State University