Mish-Mash (Bulgarian Food, continued)

Lynne Murphy lynnem at COGS.SUSX.AC.UK
Mon Oct 9 11:43:50 UTC 2000

>MISH-MASH--peppers, tomatoes, onion, cheese, crumbled eggs
>(Crumbled=scrambled?  My guide said that this is a national dish,
>but the restaurants don't serve it well.  OED?--ed.)

I had something like this in a Bulgarian restaurant in Johannesburg
years ago, and have been looking for a recipe for it ever since.  It
had a different name, though (more Bulgarian sounding) and was a
baked dish of sliced eggs, feta cheese, and potato (cut like french
fries at this place) in a very paprika-y tomato sauce.  I've tried
putting the ingredients into a search engine to find a recipe, but
have not found one.  So, Barry, if you run into one, please pass it
on!

Hungrily,
Lynne
--