Censorware; Ripstop pants

Bob Haas highbob at MINDSPRING.COM
Fri Sep 15 02:39:04 UTC 2000

Just a quick addendum, Barry.  Ripstop material is nylon that was first used
more or less exclusively for tents and tarps for the great outdoors.  It's
nylon which encloses a fairly close and light nylon mesh; the grid is about
1/4 inch.  It's designed to help stop rips when they start, which they
inevitably will, usually about four days into a 10-day trip.  I noticed a
few years ago that manufacturers had begun using it in clothing, but I
imagine that the practice has been going on a bit longer.

bob