curiosa

Lynne Murphy lynnem at COGS.SUSX.AC.UK
Thu Sep 21 00:19:51 UTC 2000

OK, as long as we're doing curiosa...

My package of croutons says it contains "seasoned bread shapes". Perhaps I'd
find this less weird if they were shaped like cartoon characters or something,
but they're just hacked up pieces of bread.  I don't know quite why this is
bothering me so much, but the package is sitting on my desk (brought salad for
lunch) and it's been creeping me out all day.

And in an AP report about GWB on Oprah, I read that he got teary when he
recalled "the birth of his 18-year-old twins."  And I thought elephants had a
long gestation period...

Lynne