Debrecen notes

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Wed Sep 27 16:17:37 UTC 2000

   Greetings from Debrecen.  I spent last night in the wonderful Hotel Palota just outside of Miskolc, but the internet was down.  I have just a few minutes for this before dinner.
   Tokaj was a nice town.  Glass number six, the fruity one, was the best...All of the women were way prettier than Marge Simpson.
   I posted information here on ADS-L about THE VAGINA MONOLOGUES when it first opened (so to speak) Off-Off-Broadway.
   Some stuff:

0-24--Same as NON-STOP, or 24/7.  Used a lot here.

BOLSHEVIK--My guide (the same one I had for the Czech Republic) said that the Czechs call a particular weed that is difficult to kill "Bolshevik."

NOSZTALGIA BAR--I've seen a lot of these here.  Maybe you sit around and sing "American Pie" with your friends?

PUSSY BAR--A sign on a post outside the Hotel Palota.  It showed men and also read "Chipanddale."  Does that mean that the bar is for women?  Or is it for men who want to get women?

DRINKING BAR--A lot of bars say this.  Aren't all bars "Drinking Bars"?

LANGOS--Does OED have this?  I tried this fried thing yesterday.

REALITY TV--"Big Brother" is in German on two channels.  How far does this term go back?  Are all other tv shows unreal?

HUNGARIAN CUCUMBER--On one menu.

   Gotta go.