"Don't call us, we'll call you" (1963)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sun Apr 1 21:26:48 UTC 2001

DON'T CALL US, WE'LL CALL YOU

   OED News, July 1997, asked for any pre-1987 cites for "Don't call us, we'll call you."
   This is why they pay me the big bucks.
   From the NEW YORK HERALD TRIBUNE MAGAZINE, 16 June 1963, pg. 4:

_"Don't call us, we'll call you..."
But the young actor can't sit and wait for the big break   he must go out and seek it, however wearying the hunt.

(Pg. 5, col. 2 photo caption--ed.)
Terry winds up his morning "job job" as conductor of a Grey Line bus tour.