Query about address

Jonathon Green slang at CRAYFORD.DEMON.CO.UK
Tue Apr 3 11:31:59 UTC 2001

>>Wasn't it the case at least some years ago that male hairdressers
advertised
themselves as e.g., "Mister Ken, " etc.

Back in the early/mid 1960s London boasted an individual who, I suppose,
pefigured the rash of clebrity clippers who, inter alia, made up the
dramatis personae of 'Swinging London'. His surname was Raymond, I forget
the proper first name, but as his hairdressing grew in notoriety he garnered
a nickname and was widely known both in the fascinated media and on his own
account as 'Mr. Teasy-Weasy.'

Jonathon Green