reservoir.

ANNE V. GILBERT avgilbert at PRODIGY.NET
Wed Apr 18 01:54:50 UTC 2001

Benjamin:

> I definitely hear wah in voir dire, boudoir, film noir savoir faire
> and memoir. This could just be limited to my family, though. (Here
> in Seattle for about 100 years).

I guess the pronunciation(at least in this part of the country --- can't
speak for any other region)depends on whether you want to appear educated
and "knowledgeable", or sound like a "local".  You have to remember that
there are still people who consider anything west of the Mississippi to be
somehow "provincial", and therefore not to be imitated.
Anne g