B-girl [was D-girl]

Duane Campbell dcamp911 at JUNO.COM
Sun Apr 22 00:10:52 UTC 2001

On Sat, 21 Apr 2001 17:12:55 -0500 Mark Odegard

> 'D-girl' brought to mind 'B-girl'. I've only heard B-girl in old
> movies.

I am sorry to hear that. But I am happy to find an area on this list
where I have some expertise, for in my youth I had many friends who
frequented bars.

A B-girl is indeed a hostess and certainly different from a prostitute.
That is not to say that she is necessarily celebrate, but the contractual
responsibility to the recreational facility in which she works is only to
be friendly with patrons and get them to buy drinks, for her and
themselves (did I get the reflexives right?), in copious quantities, from
which she gets a cut. Whether her friendliness continues after the
facility closes, which may well be after sunrise (I am told), is entirely
up to the girl. And B-girls are more selective.

(Well, that last bit I know from personal experience.)