B-girl [was D-girl]

Sun Apr 22 22:39:07 UTC 2001

On dimanche 22 avril 2001 22:23, Douglas G. Wilson <douglas at NB.NET> wrote:

>I picture an unscrupulous bar manager who wants to maximize profits. He may
>have B-girls, or maybe not. He maintains two bottles of (say) Jack Daniels
>whiskey behind the bar. One (let's say the "A" bottle) is genuine; the
>other (the "B" bottle) has been refilled -- say with water + neutral
>spirits (or maybe "white lightning", any kind of cheap ethyl alcohol) +
>coloring to approximate Jack Daniels + maybe some kind of additive like
>fusel oil (maybe "beading oil"?).... etc.

This all reminds me of a passage in one of the James Bond novels. May have been the
first one. James is out with Felix Lighter and he explains to the barkeep that he's
very aware of the way the bar makes its money by changing the quality of the drinks,
watering them down, using low-grade alcohol, etc.

--
Grant Barrett
New York loves you back.