Names for Dot-Com Layoffs

Elizabeth Gibbens elizabethpg at YAHOO.COM
Thu Apr 26 19:23:00 UTC 2001

Hi, everyone--

Perhaps you've noticed new euphemisms cropping up
among the wounded and nearly dead on the dot-com
battlefield. Today our company (an Internet-consulting
firm) announced that during the first quarter of 2001,
we lost $5 mill. from unpaid work. The memo said, "We
are committed to our people, and we have taken several
steps to reduce our expenses." One of the steps "we"
have taken is "implementing headcount reductions."

Does anyone else have otherwise outrageous statements
to report?

Oh, I'm pleased to report that I am not among the
no-longer-counted noggins. But I'm worried about those
who are!

Thanks--

Elizabeth