Dictionary of dictionaries

Fri Apr 27 12:07:51 UTC 2001

In case some others are also confused about ADS's "language and
dialect" missions, let me quote from the back cover of AS:

"American Speech is concerned principally with the English Language
in the Western Hemisphere, although contributions dealing with
English in other parts of the world, with other languages influencing
English or influenced by it, and with general linguistic theory may
also be submitted for consideration by the Editorial Board."

Please do not hold back interesting information from our membership
and list-participants by assuming that we are infected by
monolingualism, actually or attitudinally.

dInIs

--
Dennis R. Preston
Department of Linguistics and Languages