Dot

Thomas Paikeday t.paikeday at SYMPATICO.CA
Wed Aug 1 13:19:21 UTC 2001

"Centered dot" reminds me of the dot used to show syllabication in
dictionaries. This dot is centered in the x-height of letters. A bullet,
which is at a higher level (center of the capital letters), is sometimes
used instead because centering in the x-height requires special
programming. I dispensed with this kind of centering in my last
dictionary as too much trouble and used the regular dot (period)
instead. I wonder if dictionary users care very much.
TMP.