/zUmzUm/

Herb Stahlke hstahlke at GW.BSU.EDU
Mon Aug 27 01:48:56 UTC 2001

The first time I saw the commercial, I couldn't figure out what the kid was saying.  It didn't sound like /zumzum/.  I'll stick with /zUm/.

I obviously messed up on the bomb.  It goes /bum/, not /boom/.  But I've heard a fair number of parents and other relatives say to a toddler who just did, "Fall down go /bUm/."  Not /bum/.

I agree with another poster that the ad has a European quality to it, and the dialect or nationality of the kid may be indeterminable.

Herb

<<< RonButters at AOL.COM  8/26  2:14p >>>